Saturday, March 15, 2008

Returned from Maui-Owie











I headed out to Maui as planned and had a great couple of days laying on the beach, watching whales from the shore, shopping, reading and eating. I even got a massage! I've never had one before so that was a fun and relaxing experience.




Then...Wed. a.m. after breakfast and a bit at the beach I decided to go shopping. I stepped off a brick sidewalk into patch of soil, and sprained my left foot badly. As I watched, within seconds it started swelling. The Human Resource lady saw it all and called for security and "Charlie" took me to see a dr. right away. X-rays showed no fracture but a hint of a beginning of one. The doc wrapped it in an ace bandage, gave me pills, and crutches and said no weight bearing on that foot. That's tricky since I still don't have full mobility of my right foot, since surgery. Good thing I started on Boniva!




After that I was confined to my cottage with room service and lots of ice on my foot. Getting packed and doing other things was quite a trick.




One of the highlights of the trip was flying from Maui to Honolulu and having Todd and Michelle pick me up. We went to Spaghetti Factory and I really enjoyed getting to know Todd. I think he and Michelle are a very cute couple and appear to be well suited for each other.




I took the red eye flight to Vegas and met up with Mandy in the morning for breakfast prior to her presentation. After that we moved her stuff to where I was staying and hung out there for dinner and entertainment. She bought a bike at k-mart to ride around while she was there. I have it now. She looked pretty funny on that little bike.




I drove back to St. George this afternoon and Connie helped me haul all my things into the house.

3 comments:

Michelle & Todd said...

I like this post! I hope your foot is feeling better and you figure out what is exactly wrong with it. It was so nice meeting up with you! Love you!

Bruce Warner said...

I like the pedicure (especially the black toenail polish), but the swollen ankle is hideous!You have a nice blog, T.It was fun to see your family. Get well, soon.

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

i'm glad you had a fun time in hawaii minus the foot ordeal :( also, michelle said she had lots of fun with you and todd, and that dinner was great :)