Sunday, January 16, 2011

Panama Canal Christmas











Paul and I returned from our 15 day cruise and I'm barely being back to normal. We had a great time and met friends from Canada that we now correspond with. Now what awaits us is Tax season. Oh I love Tax time-hee hee. Actually it makes it possible to go play the rest of the year. For the next 3 months I signed up for classes at Dixie for the semi-retired or retired people. My friend Lucille takes classes and so she and I have gone to two already. They have a variety for just $40 for 2 semesters. There aren't any tests, but there are books to read if you want to take the Favorite Book class. They just read The Nine by Toobin about the Supreme Court. I listened to the discussion and will read the book for Feb. called, Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese. I am also taking a Journey of the Hero class-- it makes you look within yourself and find the hero within. There are a miriad of classes, geology, hiking, photography, languages, computer classes, tax management and estate planning; pretty much anything you want. They are generally once a week. So you can pick and choose.

1 comment:

The Stradling Family said...

sounds fun! i hope that you are able to find some fun classes. i would love to go back to school someday. good luck with tax season!